Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logitech speaker distortion on HP laptop.  (Read 2609 times)

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    Logitech speaker distortion on HP laptop.
    « on: April 16, 2007, 11:31:30 AM »
    I have a HP Pavillion DV2000 running XP. I recently purchased Logitech V20 notebook speakers which are powered by a USB port.

The first set of speakers were returned after talking to HP on the phone and they determined the speakers defective. They coudl not find a problem since the internal speakers on the laptop work properly. The speakers worked fine on a laptop at the store but they still gave me a new set.

Brought the new set home and having the same problem. My internal speakers work fine but the external Logitech are very distorted.

I have tried the following ;
    Rebooting
    All three different USB ports
    reinstalling the driver

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MP.
    Dream untill your dreams come true.

GX1_Man

Re: Logitech speaker distortion on HP laptop.
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »
    Borrow another set of speakers (different brand of course) to see where the problem is?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:29:57 PM »
    USB powered speakers? Does it even plug into the onboard soundcard at all or are they driven on their own internal soundcard?

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
      « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:57:16 PM »
      Yep USB powered speakers. They were like 60 bucks and sound incredible, when they work properly. They plug right into any USB port and use the onboard soundcard. The speakers are hardware only.

I will also try a totally different brand / type of speaker when I can borrow a pair from someone thanks.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:15:38 PM »
      Perhaps your laptop is incapable of generating enough power. How old is it and does it have USB 2.0?

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
        « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 05:24:22 PM »
        All the USB ports are 2.0 and I bought it just a few months ago. It's not old at all.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 06:06:51 PM »
        Perhaps you should take the laptop and the speakers to the store so they can have a look at your settings and speakers while its connected.

MP1975

Topic Starter

Apprentice
          « Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »
          Thanks much for the advice it may just come to me lugging everything to the store. I'll give this another day or so then take your advice.

Thanks again,
          MP.