Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: adsl probs  (Read 3403 times)

symtex

adsl probs
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:05:25 AM »
i've been having probs lately with my adsl, ever since it was upgraded to 6mb, i get ping probs but my download rate seems to stay the same. Sometimes my ping stays at a stable 48 but most of the time it jumps to 150/200 and jumps from 98 - 200 ping. When i connect it says its connecting as 5.5 - 6 mbps, but it doesnt seem that way.

I looked at my connection and noticed that i seem to be getting LOADS of bytes received and i wondered if this was the problem. Usually in the ratio 5-1 to bytes sent, like right now its 6,800,000 bytes received to 2,000,000 bytes sent, and my pings currently jumpy. Just wondering if the problem is my adsl provider or if someone is spamming me out with packets or something, if anyone knows anything just enlighten me please ;(

ps . the worst its ever been whils't downloading

(url) [img58.imageshack.us]

Raptor

Re: adsl probs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:58:59 AM »
What kind of Internet security is installed?

Try restarting your modem, router and repairing your TCP/IP connection in Windows ( ipconfig Release_all/renew_all pre-XP) afterwards.