Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Are Registry Fix D/L's Reliable ? Plus Disk cleanup problem ?  (Read 2945 times)

Jp

I have found one or two registry fix D/L's, are they any good to use, to scan and fix the registry, i.e. , like slow functioning and so on ?

Would you reccomend one, that won't ruin my day?

Jp
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:05:47 PM by Jp »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Are Registry Fix D/L's Reliable ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »
Are going to share with us which ones you're referring to?  For a safe disk cleanup tool and registry cleaner, get CCleaner

Jp

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:40:40 PM »
Hey there soybean,

The one I'm looking at is, RegCure, and it was the one I was checking out last night so there one in the same, I think I found it on another site previously, but have not run it yet.

There seems to be warnings that one must be precautious with the registry, and some details, are about choosing the unessentials, etc.,
that takes some investigating because I don't recognize most of them, . . I'm just wondering how these miracle fixes work with one push of the button.

I'm sort of stuck out in the weeds and haven't gotten the chance to install my RAM upgrade yet, so installing and using the AOL security measures, like software firwall, virus protection, spyware protection, etc.  will not work until I get this upgrade, it will happen, hopefully this week.

I tried to do a disk cleanup last night and it started then came to a dead stop last night, I'm gonna give it another try, then use the CCleaner you reccomended, . . thanks,

Jp

Jp

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 05:21:43 PM »
It's like this and it's been sitting here for the last twenty minutes just like that , . . .

Any suggestions  ???

8)
Jp

Jp

Re: Are Registry Fix D/L's Reliable ? Plus DC Stopped ?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
 Changed title to make related problem clearer,
please see last post.

???
Jp

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 07:19:23 PM »
It's like this and it's been sitting here for the last twenty minutes just like that , . . .

Any suggestions  ???

8)
Jp

If it's a large NTFS drive that is possible.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Are Registry Fix D/L's Reliable ? Plus Disk cleanup problem ?
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
jp...if this hasn't been done in awhile yes it's normal for it to do this...

Let it finish.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jp

Re: Are Registry Fix D/L's Reliable ? Plus Disk cleanup problem ?
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
OK,

I think it may have run its course, for one reason I have tried to bring up the disc cleanup box and it has not poped up,

Can you tell me will I see the previous cleanup activity in the event log if so, . . what am I looking for ?

???
Jp