Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: system thinks that 80 gb HD is external  (Read 4917 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: system thinks that 80 gb HD is external
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 09:03:43 AM »
Did you do as i suggested above and run the diagnostics from the manuf site ? ? ?

Is it being hooked up with an 80 conductor IDE cable ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

HiryuXIII

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 08:15:26 AM »
yeah, it was at that time. altho something i noted is that the system paused itself(as if it had detected a cd or 3 1/2 disk) before going to the logo of win xp.

Off topic:Nothing perosnal...but why censoring *censored*, ain't THAT bad, AFAIK.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2007, 08:29:18 AM »
Did you do as i suggested above and run the diagnostics from the manuf site ? ? ?
/quote]

HiryuXIII

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »
blargh, everyone already is tellling me to go search fo a data recovery tool, any good suggestions?

GX1_Man

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Well i'm  glad to hear it is running but i would travel to that HDD manuf. site and dload and run their drive diagnostic program to be sure.

This was a week ago. ::)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 02:25:49 PM »
blargh, everyone already is tellling me to go search fo a data recovery tool, any good suggestions?

We don't just throw out idle suggestions you don't want to follow for just any reason..

The advice given was based upon the information you provided. We normally follow a logical path to solutions based on experience and successes in the past...

The drive has already showed up at least once as having an error. Based on that i would run the HDD manuf.'s diagnostics to determine if the drive is healthy enough to trust with valuable data. This would be the first course of action i or any other logical person would do since data recovery A) does not always work and B) can be prohibitively expensive...

Good advice has been freely given...what you choose to do with that advice is entirely up to you...