Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Double click issues  (Read 2315 times)

Inan3

Double click issues
« on: April 22, 2007, 01:58:12 PM »
Not sure what happened but all of a sudden I get the "search" window when I double click on a folder.  Instead of opening the folder I get the search for files window?  Go figure! Anyone got any suggestions.  Just to let you know in the folders option it is checked to "open" on double click.  I've checked my mouse, etc.

Inan3

Re: Double click issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 02:03:08 PM »
Sorry I should mention that I am running WinXP on Dell Dimension 4700

contrex

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:08:42 PM »
simple fix:

open command prompt window and type this

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

and press enter. After a reboot the problem should be fixed.

also look here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=double+click+opens+search&meta=&aq=t&oq=double+click+opens

Inan3

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 09:05:24 PM »
WOW Thanks so much.  I especially enjoy the search reference you gave me on google.  I did a search but didn't come up with much at all.  I guess I had to go to the UK.  Thank you again so much for your help.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 06:03:04 AM »
WOW Thanks so much.  I especially enjoy the search reference you gave me on google.

Usually it just pisses people off.  ;D

contrex

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 06:15:45 AM »
Give a man an answer, feed him for one day. Show him how to Google, make him a Knowledge Master for life.

It does amaze me, sometimes, how people post the most elementary questions on here, until I remember that, once upon a time, I was a beginner myself. Then I found out how to search. Altavista, Google, Ask, Wikipedia.

A lot of the answers I give people on here I get by just opening Google in another window.