Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Window Suddent slow down  (Read 2051 times)

phimtau123

Window Suddent slow down
« on: April 22, 2007, 06:39:44 PM »
Hey I'm running a Pentium D cpu with window xp professional version 2002 with service pack 2. My computer also have 2gb of ram.

Well everything was running smooth and then 3 day ago my computer suddenly turn off and restart by itself. Then after that everything have just been running very very slow, and sometime it would frooze. I ran several virus scan with NOD32 and trend online scan and also adware and spybot for adware or virus but nothing came up. I've been monintoring the process running and the cpu usage but nothing look suspicious....Any idea on this?

Thank in advance

phimtau123

Re: Window Suddent slow down
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 08:22:26 AM »
and now my speaker is begining to make static noise when i'm playing music or watching movie.....if i just play winamp alone n run nothing else it sound fine but when i turn on another program the static noise begin to come on....

I would opt to do a clean install again but soo there is a couple important software that I need on the C: that i've lost the cd and serial to. And it just bug me not knowing what is wrong with it, before i reinstall.

thank in advance for the help

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Window Suddent slow down
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 08:27:04 AM »
Try System Restore and go back about 5-6 days.

Here is how to do it in case you don't know how...
Follow these steps:
1. Go to Control Panel (catagory view)
2. Click on Performance and Maintenance
3. At the left side under 'See Also' click on System Restore
When you're in the System Restore Menu
1. Make sure the 'Restore my computer to an earlier time' circle is ticked and click Next
2. In the small calender, click on a date 2 days before today and click Next
3. Make sure all programs are closed and click Next again.
The computer will take slightly longer to boot but you won't loose anything like recently saved work but recently installed programs might be uninstalled.

copied from my other post if this looks familiar to anyone