Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer generating garbled text in our sign-up page  (Read 4072 times)

Ronald Marva

This is a concern that I have always been addressing our technical team in the company. But I was not always getting a direct responce and the problem always cropping up every now and then (supposedly after they have fixed it).

We have a sign up page in our site. I am giving the link here to check and replicate the matter yourself: <SPAM LINK DELETED>If you are using IE, and you pull down and choose from the drop down menus, the page would refresh and then garbled text would crop up every where. This would hinder all attempt when you press the join button. An error message would come up and tell you that it is a failed transaction.

Now this problem would crop up every now and then. The programming team, which unfortunately is outsourced in another country, would respond by 'fixing' the problem. But as I said it still crops up - and we dont know how sign ups have already slipped our hands.

This problem does not occur in other browsers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:28:56 PM by GX1_Man »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Internet Explorer generating garbled text in our sign-up page
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
I opened that page in IE 7.  I clicked on some drop down arrows and nothing unusual happened.  Why would the page need to refresh due to merely making a selection from a drop down list?  That doesn't make sense.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »
    I did the same with IE6 with no problems.  Is it just one machine or multiple machines at one site or multiple sites?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:29:58 PM »
    I deleted his spam link as it was ANOTHER attempt to get CH members to go to his site. Still against the rules, buddy.  ::)

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 12:36:27 PM »
    What the.. I want to see the website!