Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Zip Files - maybe  (Read 3058 times)

Buzzyonthelake

Zip Files - maybe
« on: April 26, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
I have a friend in another state,  that for a few years,  I have  exchanged e-mails with once or twice a week ,  from my home to her workplace.  I run Windows XP Pro.  In the last few weeks she has been unable to answer any of my mail,  either by hitting the 'Reply' button or directly.  She gets all my mail,  but can't return anything.  She politely inquired to her comapny  and was told that they block all outgoing  Zip Files.  Does that have anything to do with regular, text only e-mails.?   I am on Yahoo.  I can reach her directly thru her company site address.   Not sure how Zip Files are used.  Would this be the problem. ?  She has no trouble sending  "intermediaries",  who pass it along, . . . . . so have they just blocked MY address for outgoing.  They didn't say they did that,  or not.  If they did,  I think they would have confronted her with it,  and explained why . .   as a warning.   (????)

Raptor

Re: Zip Files - maybe
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:11:01 AM »
Zip files are archived files and aren't sent along with standard E-mails unless you include them on purpose.

As to the reason why the E-mail doesn't arrive? We can't tell with this information we'd have to know:

1. If she gets an error-receipt when she sends you an E-mail
2. If you have a spam filter that blocks the company address she works for.
3. Does she sent in plain text or HTML?