Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Modem and restoration disk  (Read 3397 times)

Thomas Riley

Modem and restoration disk
« on: October 21, 2004, 07:17:19 PM »
Hi guys.  Thanks for your help on my last problem.  I finally got my computer back up today using the suggestions I was given.  I ran the floppy disk and booted  my computer and ran the restorationd disk.  Every thing is fine except my restoration disk restores every thing except my modem and sound card.  Can anybody help?  Using windows ME.  I did a search and didnt find anything.  Thanks alot

Thomas Riley

Raptor

Re: Modem and restoration disk
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:04:43 PM »
You may need to download seperate drivers for both your modem and soundcard.

Thomas Riley

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 10:33:40 AM »
Thanks for the response.  How do I find the drivers that i need?  I thought that I could pull them off the restoration disk somehow but no luck.  Where do I go to find the drivers?  Any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.  I go through the modem setup menu and when I get to pick the selected path in other words the computer finds the modem but cant find the path for it.  Please help.  Thanks.

Thomas Riley

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 10:47:53 AM »
They should be located on the CD's or diskettes that were packed together with your Modem and Soundcard.

If this is not the case, look up the model and manufacturer of your Modem and Soundcard and google for it.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 12:39:57 PM »
type msinfo32 in the run box..the list will display everything on your pc..some recovery disks come with drivers for modem/sound...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 12:40:25 PM by merlin_2 »

Thomas Riley

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 02:52:14 PM »
COMPUTER HOPE ROCKS!!!!!!! ;D

Thanks guys for all your help.

Problem fixed.