Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: You think you solve this problem?  (Read 3030 times)

l2aw

You think you solve this problem?
« on: April 27, 2007, 08:01:11 AM »
Alright. I've been to quite a few forums with this problem, yet none of them have diagnosed it accurately.

A couple months back, I got an ATI Radeon x800 GTO/PRO graphic card. Before that I was using Nvidia 5200 geforce which was working smooth.

Ever since I installed the x800, I've not been able to play my games properly (even the of games which worked fine with the 5200). They lag, skip in between. thus the gameplay isn't smooth.

My computer is quite old, and here are the specifications, not that I know much about computers but anyway..

P4 1.60 ghz
384 MB of (SD) ram
ATI - X800
20 GB hard drive

Do you have ANY idea what the problem is? Is it a problem with the drivers? I suppose I uninstalled the drivers before installing new drivers. One thing I know is.. my old graphic card didn't have a fan nor a power supply. And this one has both.

You can criticize all you want on my rig, but just help me with this problem

Raptor

Re: You think you solve this problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 08:11:41 AM »
I like your attitude.

So what did they suggest on the other forums? To prevent repetition..

l2aw

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 08:34:01 AM »
Here are the couple replies i got from other forums.. which weren't really helpful

no offence here but your rig must be scraping the min reqs(ram defo) for most games now.

only thing i can think is to make sure all your drivers are upto date and hope for the best.

Seeing how the system requirements for the game which is skipping are, than it is a driver issue. check game site for patches, updates & faq in reference to that card.

And I did update the drivers.. I could still do it again. But what happens when i do that is..

Uninstall driver = can't play games, fonts, desktop looks rough and low quality
install driver = back to square one

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 11:16:57 AM »
What is the make and wattage of the power supply?

You're not sure if you uninstalled the nVidia drivers?

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 12:35:56 PM »
To add to GX1_Man his questions;

1. Did you uninstall the drivers of the previous videocard?
2. Do you have a virus/spyware scanner installed?
3. What OS are you using?