Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XML log files trouble  (Read 2832 times)

phoenix910

Topic Starter

Hopeful

XML log files trouble
    « on: April 28, 2007, 01:04:03 AM »
    Hi all! I am currently having a bit of trouble opening a log file of a MSN Live Messenger chat. This is not a log file generated by MSGPlus, but one generated by MSN in the .XML log file format. Normally (as far as I am aware), these open for viewing with internet explorer. But alas, it will not open with internet explorer, nor with Firefox, Microsoft XML convertor, or Excel. It will open with notepad, but in a coded manner, which I can't be bothered sorting through five lines to get say two words out, eg:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='MessageLog.xsl'?>
    <Log FirstSessionID="1" LastSessionID="95"><Message Date="17/09/2006" Time="1:10:01 PM" DateTime="2006-09-17T03:40:01.546Z" SessionID="1"><From><User FriendlyName="GAMBLE//gym/lunch// City to bay. Finally! kick boxing kicks *censored*! muay thai forever!"/></From><To><User FriendlyName="(*) [ guidance anyone? ] (*)     (W) Loved always....//   (r) ive gotta step outside these walls.......     you are rare slut (l)"/></To><Text Style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif; color:#000080; ">yo</Text></Message><Message Date="17/09/2006" Time="1:10:08 PM" DateTime="2006-09-17T03:40:08.265Z" SessionID="2"><From><User FriendlyName="(*) [ guidance anyone? ] (*)     (W) Loved always....//   (r) ive gotta step outside these walls.......     you are rare slut (l)"/></From><To><User FriendlyName="GAMBLE//gym/lunch// City to bay. Finally! kick boxing kicks *censored*! muay thai forever!"/></To><Text Style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Book; color:#000080; ">hey!</Text></Message>

All that for two sentences of one word each. Does anyone know how to fix this or a good program that will open it? My IE version is the latest, Excel is from office XP, firefox is also the latest, and I'm running a legit. XP SP 2. Thanks guys.