Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MagicMap.exe is linked to missing export Kernel32.dll:GetComputerNameExA.  (Read 3648 times)

andypd

When trying to run freeware program MagicMap, I get an "Error Starting Program" window that contains the above "Subject:" text, plus an "OK" button.  While that window is displayed, I get a second window titled: C:/Program Files/TekMagic Solutions/Magic Map/MagicMap.exe.  A device attached to the system is not funtioning.  Plus an "OK" button.

I am running Windows 98SE on a Dell Dimension L866r Pentium III, 866 MHZ, 128 MG Ram, 56K Modem Dialup, working LPT1 Epson C88+ Inkjet and working USB HP D1341 Deskjet.

I e-mailed TekMagic Solutions twice this past month and received no response.

According to TekMagic's website, Magic Map is supposed to run on Win 98SE.

I hope you can help get this program running.

Andy

Raptor

Reinstall the program and run CrapCleaner.

andypd

To Raptor:
I tried your suggestion, but it didn't help.  I uninstalled Magic Map, ran Crap Cleaner 1.39.502, then re-installed Magic Map.  With Magic Map re-installed, I ran Crap Cleaner again to no avail.  Thanks for your sugggestion.  I hope someone can come up a workable solution.  Otherwise, I'll trash Magic Map.
AndyPD

Raptor

Did you contact MagicMap technical support to see if it is a known problem?

andypd

To Raptor,

My e-mails were sent to:  [email protected] as per their website.

Andy

Raptor

Does Magicmap require an interface device, such as TomTom?

andypd

To Raptor,

Tom Tom is not mentioned on TekMagic Solution's website as a requirement in order to run Magic Map.

Andy

Raptor

such as. That could include any device such as TomTom (But not limited to)

andypd

To Raptor,

TekMagic Solutions' website does not list ANY required interface device.  The only requirements listed are:  Minimum version of Window 98 and IE 5.0, I have Windows 98SE and IE 6.

Tonight, I removed MagicMap, including MagicMapSetup.exe from my computer.  I then went back to http://www.tekmagicsolutions.com/webpages/downloads.htm and re-downloaded MagicMapSetup.exe, first from TekMagic Solutions website and then from C|NET's download.com.  Individually, I installed and uninstalled MagicMap from each website and I got the same error windows I described earlier.

I will no longer pursue trying to get this program to work.

Thanks, Andy

badboydy

You can add a online support request in http://www.pc-onlinehelp.com/supportlist.aspx they will help you with remote assistance

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Remote assistance in Win98 ? ?

Don't know about that one...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Spam, remember the guy with a link there in his sig?
I bet it's the same person.

Raptor

Days till today:     17 days before

lmao.