Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless connection software seems to have disappeared  (Read 2922 times)

Emily

Wireless connection software seems to have disappeared
« on: May 01, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »
I recently had my hard drive erased, after a virus meltdown. We have it up and running again now; everything is working fine, and I can get a local area connection, but I can no longer get a wireless connection. The computer icon that used to show up in the taskbar, that shows if a connection is available, no longer shows up.

I used to get a signal from our buffalo airstation, which is connected directly to another computer in the house. Now I no longer get a signal from that, or the side signal I sometimes picked up from neighbors. There seems to be no wireless connection whatsoever available on my computer.
(Acer Aspire 3000)

Could it be that the capability for wireless connecting was destroyed when my hard drive was wiped? If so, how can I fix it? And, if not.... what is the problem here?

Raptor

Re: Wireless connection software seems to have disappeared
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:23:02 PM »
Try rebuilding your wireless network.

Your wireless software needs to know the SSID and shared key phrase. IF you haven't got those written down and/or configured properly you're never going to be able to get on your wireless network.

Emily

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
Could I get that from the computer that the buffalo station is hooked up to?
If so....how?

I appreciate the help, from you and anybody else who'd care to jump in.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:26:27 AM »
Do you still have the manuals for the equipment? It may be on the installation CD in .pdf format.