Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to download any attachments on my emails.  (Read 2388 times)

Shari

Unable to download any attachments on my emails.
« on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »
I am unable to download any attachments that come to me in my Hotmail account.  I have McAfee installed and as far as I know that is the only firewall I have installed.  (Someone said it may be a firewall problem.)  I am new and don't have an idea where to look for the problem.  Thank You. 

Raptor

Re: Unable to download any attachments on my emails.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »
Perhaps they never made it through the virus scan? You're not giving us a lot to work with, Shari.

ianbell

Beginner

• I THINK I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SH*T
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
    Assuming that your are using Outlook 6 click on TOOLS then OPTIONS then SECURITY then see if box that reads "do not allow attachments to be saved etc" has been checked, if so uncheck it and you should be OK
    Ian
    REALITY IS A POOR ILLUSION FOSTERED  BY A LACK OF GOOD ALCOHOL - HIC!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:29:13 PM »
    Assuming that your are using Outlook 6 click on TOOLS then OPTIONS then SECURITY then see if box that reads "do not allow attachments to be saved etc" has been checked, if so uncheck it and you should be OK
    You're talking about Outlook Express, not Outlook.  But, if she has setup OE to receive her Hotmail mail, then you made a valid point.