Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uncle Billy doesnt like me  (Read 2057 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Uncle Billy doesnt like me
    « on: May 04, 2007, 12:16:57 PM »
    Having purchased a XP with license code, Uncle Billy is still pissed off....having even installed his latest IE70....he starts to bugger me with a logoncode when the system starts up, and when it shows the desktop the only thing I see is his bl...message:

Busy with installing the personal preferences in.............Internet Explorer 6.0?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I just bl.....installed 70.....

Next item is that I lost my emailaccount in OE and had to install that account again, it is no problem but all of this starts to look like the trouble I had with good old W2K(even that one purchased many many many years ago)

What might be the problem here? ;D and please.....no suggestions using an axe etc etc,, the PC is a brand new one, and so is XP (2048RAM, 3.8Ghz AMD)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Uncle Billy doesnt like me
      « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »
      Peterwolfe .......
      Next item is that I lost my emailaccount in OE and had to install that account again
      If you did a clean install of the new XP/SP2 , you would have to recreate your OE Email account ...( hope you saved the WAB ) .
      As far as IE 6 being reinstalled , let it finish and then go to the MS update site and d/l IE 7 again.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Uncle Billy doesnt like me
      « Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:03:30 PM »
      The original registration process might not have been completed...this is when contacting the Mothership by phone is the best choice...have all your data ready.

p.s. There are flaws in the activation process itself. It can be remedied.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "