Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer crash  (Read 2179 times)

Fishfish458

computer crash
« on: May 05, 2007, 09:36:35 AM »
i have a hp pavilion 740n and ive been recently installing drivers for SiS sound, graphics, and everything else. when i installed it the first time, my sound was not working at all. so i rolled back the drivers and reinstalled them. when i was doing that the driver search on their website told me to get another one. while installing 1 could not be installed so i finished without it. after i did all this i restarted my computer and now whenever it gets to the end of the windows xp loader my computer crashes and goes back and starts loading up again.

i need help without emptying my entire hard drive.

GX1_Man

Re: computer crash
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:44:14 AM »
Does it function without any of those drivers loaded? If so, just load one and see if it runs to find out where the problem is. It is vitally important to have the correct drivers. What happened requiring the reinstall.

Fishfish458

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »
no i mean my computer wont start up at all, i dont have any backups around here to load the hard drive with either :/

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »
Perform an XP repair installation: How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

Fishfish458

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:16:12 AM »
thanks, its really gonna cause a challenge to back it up first... i want to play second life again p.p

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 11:37:46 AM »
If you have the original CD that is not a problem.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
i want to play second life again p.p

Priorities...priorities.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "