Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error with Symantec Corporate Edition 9 (Auto-Protect)  (Read 2464 times)

SloopJohnB

Error with Symantec Corporate Edition 9 (Auto-Protect)
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:39:25 AM »
Hello everybody,

I've recently had problems with my Symantec AntiVirus (my version is Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9) for about a week now.

Each time I start Windows, it notifies me that "there's been an error while loading Auto-Protect" (I'm translating, as it is in French; the real message is "erreur de chargement de Symantec AntiVirus Auto-Protect").

I wanted to reinstall Symantec, so I tried uninstalling it... But I couldn't do it, because the progression bar would go backwards and I'd get a message saying that it couldn't be uninstalled...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Error with Symantec Corporate Edition 9 (Auto-Protect)
    « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 11:33:08 AM »
    SloopJohnB,I am afraid what i have to say is not going to please you.You are now experiencing the "normal" relationship with (Norton Anti Virus) Symantec. You will usually have problems with an install--but you will have even greater problems when you try to uninstall. It is probably one of the most computer invasive programs there is.How much good it does at virus detection and removal is debatable but one thing is certain--it will definetly slooooow your computer down.I would strongly urge that you download the latest free version of AVG antivirus software from Grisoft. I have yet to ever hear any negative commments about it. It may well be the most used anti virus software in use today.However remember any anti virus program is only as good as the currancy of the updates.truenorth

SloopJohnB

Re: Error with Symantec Corporate Edition 9 (Auto-Protect)
    « Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 01:22:56 PM »
    AVG seems to be the way to go - I had already seen good reviews for it! Thanks for your advice...   ;)

Still, does anyone know how to uninstall my Symantec AntiVirus?

GX1_Man