Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Free cell error in Windows 98  (Read 3884 times)

Evalina Johnson

Free cell error in Windows 98
« on: October 23, 2004, 09:20:09 PM »
I am running Win 98 and my freecell is giving me an error message, "Freecell has caused a general protection fault in module Cards.dll". I have an option to close or ignore. If I ignore, the card count is like 300 or so and there are duplicates of the same card. I have tried to remove games in "Add & remove" also to reboot before reinstalling. I've also extracted the cards.dll file in SFC. Any reasonable advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, reinstalling Windows doesn't help.

Raptor

Re: Free cell error in Windows 98
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 04:12:48 AM »
Overwriting Windows is never a good idea.

Scan for viruses, trojans and spyware.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 01:37:09 PM »
more info........have you scaned for trojans/worms /malaware/viruses....what ie are you using...you reg maybe corupted..........more info to seek a solution on this woe..

ae4tr

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 06:21:03 AM »
 ::)  Hi.  Here is a suggestion that you might try.   Go to Control Panel... Add/Remove...Windows setup...Games.. clear the box...reboot..  then do the same thing and check the box.  It will probably ask you to insert the 98 disk and then it will re-install the games for you.  Maybe you have already done this, if so just ignore this post.    Hope this helps.     Ben.....    ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 06:25:16 AM by ae4tr »

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 04:04:22 PM »
old post and no updates from it....