Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft word help.... View size restricted!  (Read 3351 times)

hayaku

Microsoft word help.... View size restricted!
« on: May 09, 2007, 01:35:03 AM »
Hi all

This is something that has been plaguing me for as long as i can remember...
Ok so normally when you open up a Microsoft Word document, there are a number of options you have for viewing the document. This ranges from a number of size percentages, followed by Page Width, Text Width, Whole Page and Two Pages, as seen here.

Now, occasionally documents will get stuck in a restricted mode, with just some percentages and Page Width but thats it. As seen here:

This is increadibly annoying, as no matter how many times you open up a new document its still stuck in this format. The only way I have found to get it back to normal is to find an older document that still has the expanded viewing options avalible, delete the entire contents, then save that as a new blank document and start over with that. Seems very stupid and inefficient to me.

Does anybody know whats up with this and how I can switch it back to the normal expanded options? Why does it even revert to this anyway?

thanks a lot!

rainman2974

Re: Microsoft word help.... View size restricted!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 08:07:11 AM »
It all depends on what view you are in. 

Go up to View on your top menu bar.  If you are in "Print Layout" view, then you will have all the options you are looking for, i.e. your top picture.  If you are in "Normal" view, then your options will be restricted like in your 2nd picture.

These views can also be changed bottom left of the word window just above the Page display.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Microsoft word help.... View size restricted!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 02:23:02 PM »
And if what Rainman suggested didnt work, you might try clicking File
and then "Save As"
it might be able to work with the restrictions. (I have never worked with a document with restrictions)

Or, press CTRL+A (select all)
and then CTRL+C (copy)
and then CTRL+N (make new document)
and then after the new blank document loads, press
CTRL+V (paste)