Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express is bugging me...  (Read 2808 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Outlook Express is bugging me...
    « on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:46 AM »
    using XP+SP2 and all the updates included those for OE6.0, the OE6.0 asks me every time when I have disconnected this emailprogram suddenly if I want to compress all the messages to create more emtpy space on my HD and I cant find in the options etc how to get rid of that stupid window/question....anybody? ???

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Outlook Express is bugging me...
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:13 PM »
    Well, go ahead and do it.  Compacting your mail messages every so often is a good thing to do.  And, OE will stop giving you that message if you just let it go ahead and do the compacting.  I believe OE normally gives this reminder after being closed 100 times since the last time compacting was done.

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »
      why should I? I have a 500Gb HD, partially W2K and the rest is XP and why should I want bl...uncle Billy to ask me this question every bloody time I disconnect OE? Why doesnt that happen in W2K? I guess the OE6.0 is still the same in both the OS's? The only difference is that I have IE60 in W2K and in XP I changed to IR70.....any help to remove the stupid bugging question? Maybe I need to change to Linux...lol..hahahahahaha ;D ;D

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:43 PM »
      I think the more relevant question is, why not do it?  Why are you fighting this?  It won't "ask me this question every bloody time I disconnect OE" if you go ahead and do it. 

I haven't used OE with Win 2K, but, if I recall correctly, I also was prompted to compact messages with Win 98SE. 

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »
        Peterwolfe ...If memory serves me , a few months ago , there was a MS update for OE ....that did that ....... it's no big deal ......... and as Soybean has said once you let it do it, you won't be bugged all the time.

dl65  ::)
        « Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 06:33:15 PM by dl65 »
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:03:09 AM »
          I believe that at a certain threshold OE demands you compact.  dl65 is correct as there is a fix for it.

Alan <><  :D
          I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »
          I believe that at a certain threshold OE demands you compact.  dl65 is correct as there is a fix for it.

Alan <><  :D
          By fix, are you referring to:
          If memory serves me , a few months ago , there was a MS update for OE ....that did that .......
          I don't believe there was any "fix" from Microsoft to stop OE from prompting the user to compact messages, if that's what you mean.

Peterwolfe just needs to stop making a fuse over the issue and do it.  Why You Should Let Outlook Express Compact Messages When It Asks You

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            « Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
            ok thanks, but well...
            W98SE: yes
            W2K: no
            XP:yes
            Vista: no?'
            lolololol.......
            But ok, will compress...lol... ;D