Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton 360 too slow...  (Read 3057 times)

Tufek100

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Norton 360 too slow...
    « on: May 10, 2007, 09:32:43 PM »
    Hello everybody
    Yerterday i bought Norton 360 and today im stressed ! It seems like the program has taken control over my computer. Im running a P4 1.8 GHz wth 2GB RAM. it takes about 10 to 15 seconds to open anything on my desk top, like start button, programs,internet options and the Web pages etc. And not to mention the Fraud Monitoring on top of the web browser scans every internet page you open. Another 10 seconds o so. So the bottom line is i just spent $120.00 on this product
    should i uninstall it and use AGV or avast like some people suggest in this forum? I wish i read these posts before i bought this product. Another thing can i get my money back from Symantec. On the side the box it says: Symantec Offers a 60 day
    money back guarantee? Any advice will be helpful, Thank you.   :(

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      Re: Norton 360 too slow...
      « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:35:32 PM »
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,34939.html

remove norton and try Avg free and see if that speeds your computer up

but since you just bought it you might not want to so try modifing your start up

start run "msconfig" without"" on the top tab go to the right and start up and disable anything you dont need to start up when the computer does

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 06:51:43 AM »
      Yes, get your money back.  ;)

Tufek100

Topic Starter

Rookie
        « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »
        Thank you all for your advice, i decided to return this product. Before i installed Norton 360 my computer was running 100%. I changed the setting and try few things, still the same. These not much to work with, i had enough.  >:(

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
          « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 08:23:14 AM »
          remember to get another anti-virus and i suggest you give avg free a try