Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help....I think I have a virus  (Read 4183 times)

John D

Help....I think I have a virus
« on: October 24, 2004, 08:01:40 AM »
Hey everyone. I wanna thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to give me here.  First off I have the latest version of norton internet security.  Over the course of the last week I have tried to do a virus scan, and a full systen scan at least 15 times.  My computer completely freezes about 5-10 minutes into the scan each time.  The only way that i can even shut it off is for me to unplug it.  I am pretty sure i have a virus of some type and i'd like to get it off my computer but i have no idea how to do this if my virus scan keeps freezing.  If anyone thinks they know a way for me to remedy this problem I'd really appreciate it if you could drop me an email.  Thanks alot everyone [email protected]

Raptor

Re: Help....I think I have a virus
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 08:22:55 AM »
As I have said before, and will continue to do so; We're not a dating service. If you're lookin for E-mail contact, you're on the wrong forum.

Scan for viruses, Trojan horses and Spyware in safe mode.

Also be certain to download the latest Microsoft (Security) Updates
« Last Edit: October 24, 2004, 09:11:53 AM by Raptor »

robertmillar

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 08:33:03 AM »
Do an online virus scan from:

www.symantec.com

This will not scan compressed files but will indicate any viruses by name.  You can ven download the relevant removal tool.

Also try running stinger from the McAfee Web Site.

Scan for spyware like Raptor has said.  Here are some spyware removal programmes

http://www.rcmillar.netfirms.com/subpages/Links.htm#Spyware_

justin

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 09:35:59 AM »
do u have on the ctrl alt delete screen msi.exe if so get rid of it my bastered brother in law had that prolbem?