Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I make a backup CD? / SOLVED  (Read 2728 times)

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How do I make a backup CD? / SOLVED
    « on: May 12, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »
    I'm somewhat computer stupid, so I'll try to explain the best I can.  I've got Windows XP, 950 MH2, 960 MB of RAM (?). I had some computer work done and when the technician gave it back to me, he had made a backup CD of all my email addresses, WEBSHOT pictures, IncrediMail, my games I bought and downloaded off the Internet, and I haven't the slighest idea how he did it (I no longer live near where the technician is), and I'd like to know how to do it.  Can anybody help me understand how to do this?  I've been trying to figure it out for months!  I played with it a little today and I think I put everything in My Documents on a CD and all my pictures from my Kodak program on CD.  However, I don't know how to check it to see if it is there on the CD or not, just hoping it is there.

Thanks a lot,

Debby
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 12:42:46 AM by dl65 »

contrex

Re: How do I make a backup CD?
    « Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:44:14 AM »
    Burn the folders you want to CD or DVD. If the burning app says "Burn completed successfully" or similar, open My Computer, click on the CD or DVD drive icon, explore the folders and see if all your stuff is there.

sewerurchin

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:27:19 PM »

debby

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »
      Thanks for your help!  I did it!  I can't believe it!  This is so cool.  I guess you can still teach old dogs new tricks.