Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: visa- shutdown problems  (Read 3645 times)

new2vista

visa- shutdown problems
« on: May 13, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
I just purchased a new computer that has Vista on it about a month or so ago. With-in the past week or so, i have had problems with shutting the computer down. Everytime I shut the computer down, the computer restarts. I have searched for solutions to this problem, but havent found anything that fixes it. Any help on here would be greatly appreciated, as I am so lost when it comes to using Vista.  ???

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: visa- shutdown problems
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
You might want to try dis-abling ACPI in the BIOS to see if this remedies the situation...if you are unfamiliar with using Setup ask someone who knows the ins and outs of the BIOS.

The other option would be to backup any data you need and exercise the warranty...a brand new machine shouldn't be doing this.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

new2vista

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 09:48:32 AM »
yeah i was thinking of bringing the pc back to compusa... but i figured maybe if its something simple i can fix then i would try that. ya know.,

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:28:11 AM »
Understood.

The only drawback to that approach is you could possibly void a warranty on a brand new machine by trying to fix it yourself which you may need at a later date in case there are serious problems that would be costly to fix without a warranty.

I can understand wanting to learn how to fix it yourself, however.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "