Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: black screen after play  (Read 1989 times)

cyberdog

black screen after play
« on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:49 PM »
    Hello,
    I got a AMD 3800+ dual processor with 1G of Ram. video card Geforce 7500 256 mb. I bought it new like 4 months ago. I installed warcraft III frozen throne and i played it for 2 -3 months without any problems. Now like a month ago i cant get into desktop after i press "Quit game" it stays on black screen and i can only see my mouse and i can move the mouse. I cant Alt + Cntrl + Delete , nothing happens with ESC either so what i did is i pressed the windows key and used the arrow keys to get the computer to stand by. I do all that in black screen, then i move my mouse to get it to the desktop and everything is  fine and the game is Quit. and now whenever I put the computer to stand by it austomatically comes back on after  -2 seconds. I still have the black screen problem. I did not install any software recently either. I only play warcraft and thats the only game i got and the computer still got 163 GB left out of 200 GB. I dont have much files in the computer as i bought it mostly for games. Still on warranty.  It has a Lcdscreen and i increased the refresh rate from 60 to 70 and it came to desktop once after then it didnt. and when i changed it again it came to desktop once then it didn't. Thanks for your help

Monitor =  HP vs17e
CPU  = Compaq Presario

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: black screen after play
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 09:30:05 AM »
Triple post, can a mod please lock?