Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe 6.0 Professional vs. another program for PDFcreation  (Read 3050 times)

feras

Hello,

What you think about the differences between Adobe 6.0 Professional and Adobe 7.0 Professional, does the new features justify the bigger price?
I am thinking if to purchase Adobe 6.0 or Adobe 7.0 . Basically, for my pdf creation needs I think Adobe 6 would be enought. But maybe I will soon need more advanced features and I will regrete that I did not bought Adobe 7.0 . What you think?
 :)

GX1_Man

Re: Adobe 6.0 Professional vs. another program for PDFcreation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
I think version 8 is out.  ;)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:46:57 PM »
I know Adobe Acrobat is the premier PDF creation tool but I don't know how the various versions compare in features.  What are your specific needs for PDF creation?  If fairly simple, perhaps a freeware program would be sufficient. 

feras

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:23:42 AM »
Thank you very much for your helpful suggestions!
I tried PrimoPDF but for some reason it did not worked properly on my computer... very weird, I uninstalled and installed it several times...
I wouldn't like to use aditional software like ghostscript. CutePDF used it and despite the program was ok, it didn't fulfill my needs.I also found PDF Factory Pro ( pdffactory.com ) and PDF Writer Pro ( http://www.amicutilities.com/pdf-writer/ ) which look very good.. the first one looks like a very popular software and the other has very good compression for the same quality. If you have any suggestions please let me know..

:)

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 03:31:49 PM »
I just installed PrimoPDF and it seems quite nice so far.  I just "printed" one Word file and one Excel file to PDF and it worked fine. 

What happened when you tried to install it?  Where did you get it?  I downloaded from http://www.download.com/PrimoPDF/3000-10743_4-10660924.html?tag=lst-0-1

You might download it again and try installing it again.  When you install, I'd suggest closing all applications and disabling your anti-virus software.  If you still have problems, uninstall it, download and run CCleaner, and then try installing PrimoPDF again. 

I suggest you get the Basic Build of CCleaner here: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds.aspx.  It's the same as the standard except it does not have a Yahoo toolbar.  If you install CCleaner, run the Windows scan and Applications scan and remove everything it finds.  However, you may want to take a close look at the list of things included in the scans and deselect some parts, particularly the Advanced section of the Windows scan setup. 

CCleaner's Issues scan is a registry cleaner.  Before deleting the stuff it finds, backup your registry as prompted by CCleaner.