Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MY external firewire drive crashed my computer  (Read 3175 times)

computer?

MY external firewire drive crashed my computer
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:38:39 AM »
- hey

i have a maxtor firewire drive running fat32 and i connected it to my computer using the USB2 port. My computer loaded fine and it was trying to locate the FD and i opened up another window while it was doing that and it started to chug a little so i waited for a sec and then tried to close that window but the "program not responding error" came up after it froze for a little.
 Then my computer screen went blank except for my background then it froze for a while. I then decided to restart the computer but when i restarted it didnt load windows it just stayed at the screen that told me what processor i have.

Idont know what is going on please help

cheers

GX1_Man

Re: MY external firewire drive crashed my computer
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:55:30 AM »
So it's a firewire drive in a USB port? What is that all about?

Have you disconnected it to see if your computer is still functional?

computer?

Re: MY external firewire drive crashed my computer
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:16:17 PM »
its a firewire drive with the usb and firwire cables.
i took the drive off and the computer still  doesnt work! I turn it on then it immediately goes to some random screen that tells me my processor and sh*t but it says down the bottom if i want to press DEL to enter setup or ESC to go to memory but i cant do anything cause now my keyboard doesnt work when that comes up