Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Install  (Read 10837 times)

Computer_Commando

Re: Hard Drive Install
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 08:16:08 AM »
...I'm trying to find out the capacity of the old drive, I really don't know it.  A technician put in and I don't know what he did...

Open case and look at old drive.

Read Reply#5 above.  I guess you don't understand what a "boot disk is".  Study info at this website.  If you're not comfortable about doing it yourself, you better find someone to do it for you.  You must create a bootable floppy disk and copy the BIOS update program to it and execute it from the boot disk.  BIOSAgent runs from Windows and will probably say:  08/04/1999-SIS-628-P6SET-MLC-00, which we already know.  I gave you the BIOS upgrade link.  I've done all the work for you except for flashing the BIOS.

You've got the computer, you have to do it, or pay someone to do it for you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 01:33:18 PM by Computer_Commando »

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 06:35:50 AM »
    My old hard drive capacity is 2.16 Gbyte, it's a Samsung WU32165A.

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 06:44:35 AM »
      I did make a bootdisk for BIOSAgent and tried it, but it won't boot.  I made a Bootdisk for DOS, for Windows 98SE, for Data Life (which is the installation disk for the master drive) and one for the BIOS Wizard.  None will work.  I get:  Non-system disk or disk error.  Replace disk and strike any key when ready.  I see that I cannot do it, after all.  I thank you so much, once again, for all your work and help.  Not many people will do help like that for free.  Thanks a million!  :(   8)

Computer_Commando

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 10:00:26 AM »
      ... I see that I cannot do it, after all.  I thank you so much, once again, for all your work and help.  Not many people will do help like that for free.  Thanks a million!...

The pay is lousy, but we accept the challenge and all learn something.  At least you gave it a good try.  Don't throw it out, you may figure out what you're doing wrong.  It will come to you when you least expect it.

It's probably something simple, boot floppy disks are relatively straightforward.  There were no hard drives when PC's were introduced.  There were only boot floppy disks.  That part has changed little, except for the disk media (size and type).
      « Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 10:07:52 AM by Computer_Commando »

justin

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 12:13:29 PM »
      how did u get so much memory Memory 589824K

titilucky

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #20 on: October 26, 2004, 12:36:50 PM »
         ;)  I added two memory sticks.  That I did myself and it was simple.

Once again, and I mean it, thanks so much.  I really appreciate it.  :-*

Raptor

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 01:03:36 PM »
        The pay is lousy

You get paid?