Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can't save as target  (Read 5077 times)

all_that_jazz04

can't save as target
« on: October 26, 2004, 09:57:25 PM »
ok guys, i'm new here and i'm pretty much a computer dummy, (that would be why i'm here) so bear wth me here.  actually, i'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this question, but i figure there are enough computer nerds in here (i use that term lovingly and respectfully) that someone is bound to know this....ok....here it it:

my step-dad recently played around with my computer and changed some stuff on me.  before he toyed around with it, i would save video files to my c: drive by right clicking, then clicking "save as target", but now when i do it, the words "save as target" are grey instead of black and nothing happens when i click it.  
"open", "open in new window", "copy shortcuts", "add to favorites" and "properties" are all still black, but everything else is grey.  what do i do to be able to save stuff again?  please e-mail me if you can help and let me know either what to do or what more info i can give you so you can help.  thanks a ton.  sorry it's so long.

[email protected]

Raptor

Re: can't save as target
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 03:05:31 AM »
A dating service would be quite a profitable idea, it seems..

all_that_jazz04

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 08:34:14 AM »
what's that supposed to mean?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 09:19:28 AM »
please e-mail me if you can help and let me know

This is a forum, not an ad board at your local supermarket. If you donot feel like checking back, don't bother posting.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 09:20:31 AM by Raptor »

all_that_jazz04

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:22:26 AM »
sorry dude....at other boards i'm on we e-mail back and fourth.....didn't know it was such a big deal here.  don't get your panties in a bunch.  any help would be great  weather you post it or e-mail it.  i didn't mean to offend you.  

merlin_2

all_that_jazz04

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 05:02:22 PM »
thanks merlin_2!  now if only i knew my step-dad's password.  yeah, that's right.  i have to have HIS password to change stuff on MY computer.  any idea how i can hack around and find out what it is.  there's no way he'd tell me what it is.  

Computer_Commando

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 05:27:22 PM »
...i have to have HIS password to change stuff on MY computer.  any idea how i can hack around and find out what it is.  there's no way he'd tell me what it is.  

You want us to assist you in hacking the password?  Sorry pal...no chance in *censored*...no way!  Not gonna happen here.

all_that_jazz04

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 05:48:29 PM »
okay, apparently we don't take jokes too well around here.  

Computer_Commando

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 06:06:06 PM »
okay, apparently we don't take jokes too well around here.  

Didn't sound like a joke to me.

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 05:59:52 AM »
thanks merlin_2!  now if only i knew my step-dad's password.  yeah, that's right.  i have to have HIS password to change stuff on MY computer.  any idea how i can hack around and find out what it is.  there's no way he'd tell me what it is.  

Why do you ask us that? Ask your stepdad if it's your computer.. Why did you even allow him to set a password if you paid for the PC?