Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Require Assistance  (Read 2067 times)

LtRyan5184

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • EMS Supervisor
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Require Assistance
« on: May 22, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »
Hello,
I recently was given an old compaq desk pro with a 233 mhz Pentium II processor, I then upgraded it to 512mb of RAM, 120gb Hard Drive, new Case, New Fans, Pentium III 555mhz, and Windows xp Home. I kept the motherboard. It ran fine for a little but then windows gave me a message that my BIOS didnt match the processor. I then decided to take the motherboard that mached the processor to eliminate the problem. It didnt work, i then decided to put the older motherboard back in, now the LED on the mother board will turn on but my power supply fan wont turn on and non of my attached devices will eather (dvd drive, hard drive, fans, ect.)

please Help
LtRyan5184

GX1_Man

Re: Require Assistance
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 05:33:53 PM »
You're lucky it ran at all with that motherboard. I hope you didn't damage it. You need to use F10 (if available and working) to reset the Setup to your current configuration. Some of those old Deskpro's had the setup on a second hidden partition. This was made by a downloaded file from the Compaq site.

LtRyan5184

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • EMS Supervisor
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Require Assistance
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:10:31 PM »
Thanks