Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Printer Problems  (Read 2313 times)

cdo

Topic Starter

Rookie

HP Printer Problems
    « on: May 23, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »
    My HP Deskjet 3200 series printer will not print . The light flashes & i get an off-line reading. I have checked all connections & gone through all troubleshooting steps to no avail. Is it advisable to unistall the printer progam from Windows XP SP2 & try a reinstallation with the orginal HP CD ?

Thanks for feedback

GX1_Man

Re: HP Printer Problems
    « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 03:58:20 AM »
    That is a reasonable place to start. What happened prior to this? How old is the printer?

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:41:06 AM »
    instead of using the original HP CD, I would recommend downloading drivers from HP's website, as the cd may have outdated drivers.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:29:30 PM »
    PM from original poster:

After trying HP solution center fixes with no results i did uninstall HP components and reinstalled from original disk . As it turns out there are  no updated drivers or cd's for my printer. Blinking light problem was immediately fixed but i still had problems with print job going to queue & not printing. Windows messages : Printer not connected to server...  In the end i got it working by "tinkering". To be honest i don't know exactly how.. h**l maybe it fixed itself:) :)  Just wanted to let the forum know that it has a happy member.. I will save all my other problems till later.. :-\ :-\

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »
    Yep ....those are great. Getting alot lately.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "