Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Using Erunt in Emergency  (Read 2099 times)

dhinds

Topic Starter

Beginner

• My Katrina Hat
    Using Erunt in Emergency
    « on: May 23, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
    I am a new user of Erunt to back up my register and everything I read indicates it's all I need in case of system difficulties, including Ghost or Win Sys Restore. I have not been successful in creating a XP boot CD according to Bart so I was wondering if I could use the Partition Magic boot disc that comes with it. Apparently all I need to do once booted in run the erunt.exe file to restore my registry. Is this accurate for those who use Erunt or is it more complicated than that. What has me stumped in the Bart directions is the last step...
    Open Prompt, Go to g:bcd and run bcd wxppro. I am not familiar enough with the DOS Prompt   once opened to know how to go there and is bcd wxppro the only command I need to make the image and burn to CD to the E drive. I cannot see how that command send an image to the CD burner. Even as old as I am the DOS prompt is still an inigma to me. I guess I started too late in life.
    Memories fade with time, replenish them with new experiences.