Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: changing screen resolutions  (Read 2039 times)

jamesbb

changing screen resolutions
« on: May 26, 2007, 07:09:32 AM »
Il try to condense this best I can. I ran  aprogram to remove junk folders and it. Boy how did it. I ended having to reinstall windows xp home all over. Now the problem. SInce i have done that there is one particular program that wont cooperate worth a darn. It is a chat program with 3d graphics. The program is called furcadia and there is roxy i use with it called dogproxy. Problem is that when i start dogproxy the screen resolution changes from 800 x 600 to a lower setting. I go into display and change it back and its ok for as long as I dont close it and reopen it. When the proxy allows me to use the Furcadia program, the resolution changes on the Furcadia screens so large tha I cannot even see the bottom of the screen, nor the buttons to minimize or maximize, plus no matter what I reset the screen resolution to it wont help. What the devil is going on?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: changing screen resolutions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 08:42:57 AM »
What program did you run to delete junk folders ? ?
Did you reinstall your drivers after the reinstall of Windows including but not limited to MBoard, video etc. ? ?
Does the program you are having trouble with include a Help menu ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "