Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot log into myspace with Mozilla Firefox 2.0/1.5  (Read 3913 times)

Raith

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Cannot log into myspace with Mozilla Firefox 2.0/1.5
    « on: May 31, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
    Okay guys, I have tried a lot of things such as delete all cookies, browsing history, saved passwords, caches, and whatever else. I type both my e-mail and password into the blank boxes that asks for it on myspace and I click on LOGIN and it does the connecting to myspace... waiting for myspace... reading myspace... transferring... and it always leads me to the LOGIN screen, same thing I have went through before. I googled this to no avail. I have used Internet Explorer 7 to LOGIN and it worked without a problem, what is the problem with my firefox? It was working until Mozilla Firefox asked me if I wanted to update my firefox to 2.0, which I did, and restarted firefox. Now myspace doesn't let me log in, anyone have advice? I would love to hear some, I have used firefox for years and don't plan on changing it.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cannot log into myspace with Mozilla Firefox 2.0/1.5
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 06:03:21 AM »
    Download CCleaner and set it up according to this guide.
    Run it and clean everything it finds.
    then try again.
    If it still doesn't work, try uninstalling Firefox totally and installing it again, be aware that this will clear all your settings etc from it.
    To do this, first uninstall Firefox via the usual Add/Remove programs route.
    Then use CCleaner to clean your system, also use the Issues tab and remove anything related to Mozilla or Firefox.
    Then, search for all folders named Firefox, Mozilla or Mozilla Firefox, and remove them.
    Important - if you use any other Mozilla software, only remove ones related to Firefox.
    Then reinstall Firefox.