Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: RE: oh please help..... PLEASE ;)  (Read 2093 times)

xpl1c1t

RE: oh please help..... PLEASE ;)
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:36:40 PM »
Ok first off I would like to explain to you guys what happened in the last topic. I am posting on behalf of my brother who posted in the other topic, and I would like to apologise for his actions.

Him waiting for me to get off of work to fix it plus his anxiousness to play a game he bought has caused him to snap at you guys. I guess he thought the CD detected the video card.  I had a 5 minute chat with him and told him not to jump to conclusions and get mad at people who are giving out a free serivce.

Anyway I was working on the problem today and im still stumped on it. I will explain this in as much detail as I possibly can. I am trying to install drivers for my ati radeon 9800 pro. I keep getting a bunch of different errors.

When I try to install the catalyst drivers found on the ati/amd site, i get a error that I should install VGA drivers and try agian. When I try to install the omega drivers I get the same error.  I tried to do force vga drivers opon the video card yesterday but a different error came up, maybe it was because I was in a rush and messed up. Ill try again .

I also tried cleaning my old drivers with some driver cleaning program, no luck. I also tried deleting the hardware from the devices tab in control panel and reinstalling, no luck. Ive tried installing it manually, using the find new hardware then searching for drivers, no luck (I got some "cant write files" error)

I think one problem may be that I still have onboard video card still running because I couldnt disable it in BIOS cause sony is gay  :P, so if all else fails i might force windows to somehow disown the onboard graphic card.

Ill try forcing vga again and once again I apologise for any hate that was shown by my brother earlier.

What really stumps me is I can see everything normal (colours are perfect) and the standard vga driver is installed, but it doesnt reconise any card. Its hard to explain so ill post the dxdiag log file. Heres what my display device shows as, and im sure its still connected because my monitor is connected to the slot of my ati card, not the onboard card 

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name:
     Manufacturer:
        Chip type:
         DAC type:
       Device Key: Enum\
   Display Memory: n/a
     Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (1Hz)
          Monitor:
  Monitor Max Res:
      Driver Name: vga.dll
   Driver Version: 5.01.2600.0000 (English)
      DDI Version: unknown
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 8/29/2002 08:00:00, 9344 bytes
      WHQL Logo'd: n/a
  WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
              VDD: n/a
         Mini VDD: vga.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 8/4/2004 00:07:08, 20992 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B70EE0-4340-11CF-B063-282AAEC2C835}
        Vendor ID: 0x0000
        Device ID: 0x0000
        SubSys ID: 0x00000000
      Revision ID: 0x0000
      Revision ID: 0x0000
      Video Accel:
 Deinterlace Caps: n/a
         Registry: OK
     DDraw Status: Not Available
       D3D Status: Not Available
       AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
 D3D7 Test Result: Not run
 D3D8 Test Result: Not run
 D3D9 Test Result: Not run

btw if you guys any ideas help will be appriciated, but if you dont want to help me I can understand that too. Time for me to try to fix this, and if i get any new info / i fix it ill post solution here

Update: restarted the pc in vga mode, tried installing drivers and it said "access is denied" so i think im gonna try to clear everything and try again, if everything fails time for a restore.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:36:23 PM by xpl1c1t »

GX1_Man

Re: RE: oh please help..... PLEASE ;)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »
How about a system restore (XP, right?) to a time before all of this and then uninstalling the drivers and then reinstalling the correct ones. Make sure you have those!

Before you install the new software, restart the machine and see what video is listed in Control Panel/System. During the restart choose cancel if you are asked about reinstalling drivers.

Let us know. We will try to muddle through this with you.  ;)

LtRyan5184

Beginner
  • EMS Supervisor
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 05:57:32 PM »
If its an Intel Card then you can access it from the desktop properties in win xp. try to disable it from there.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 06:45:49 PM »
If its an Intel Card then you can access it from the desktop properties in win xp. try to disable it from there.

Below is a link to do what 'LtRyan5184' recommended.

http://www.jrpcrepair.com/disablingonboardVC.html
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.