Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook express - upper limits of send mail box  (Read 2710 times)

garlic

outlook express - upper limits of send mail box
« on: June 01, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
I had a problem with mail getting stuck in my outbox and repeatedly sending itself out to the receipent over and over.  What is the upper limit of the send e-mail box.  The solution from microsoft was to delete e-mail in the send box.  I had over 10,000 itemsin the box.  thanks

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: outlook express - upper limits of send mail box
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 10:02:45 AM »
    Why in the world do you have 10K in your send box  ??? ??? ???

For once, do what M$ advises.  I don't know the limit but it seems that 10K is it  :P

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
      « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 11:43:40 AM »
      From what I can gather, you are saying that your Sent items folder has over ten thousand messages in it, right?

If so, you can just delete all the messages that are over a week old (unless you plan on still using them).

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 12:35:07 PM »
      Or, sort them and delete messages from certain senders.  Or, create some sub-folders under Sent Items and move some of those messages into them.