Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: print documents from internet using only black ink  (Read 3959 times)

dede

print documents from internet using only black ink
« on: June 01, 2007, 05:46:42 PM »
i want to try to print everything from the internet w/ black ink instead of black & colored ink so  i changed some settings & now my hotmail looks weird when i log on & when i go to print something from ie or mozilla it defaults to landscape unless i change it. 

any idea how to get my settings back to the original as i can't remember what I changed?

any advice how i can select  a document from the internet to print in black ink?

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
    Re: print documents from internet using only black ink
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 06:21:56 PM »
    You need to go Start/Printers and Faxes, then right-click your printer and select Properties. From there you should be able to set most of your default printing prefs.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 06:29:36 PM »
    You need to go Start/Printers and Faxes, then right-click your printer and select Properties. From there you should be able to set most of your default printing prefs.
    From the Properties panel, select Advanced and click on the Printing Defaults button at bottom of that panel.  You should find a setting re: color vs. black and white, or grayscale.

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
      « Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »
      Aren't the printer properties different for the different brands of printers?

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:37:58 PM »
      I believe that's correct.  I have 3 printers installed on my main computer.  Two of them are Canon (BJC-2000 and BJC-3000).  The Properties panel for them shows the same screen where either color or black and white can be selected.  The other installed printer is an hp deskjet 5550 series and the screen where color preference is set is different from the Canon printers.  For the HP, the procedure appears to be to check a box for "Print in Grayscale" and then also select "Black Print Cartridge only".

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
      i want to try to print everything from the internet w/ black ink instead of black & colored ink

That's gonna take alot of ink ! !

;D    ;D

Sorry couldn't resist...

Why not just cut and paste the content into Notepad or Wordpad for those longer ones and print it that way ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Comp Guy

Apprentice

• All that is needed
        « Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 02:49:09 PM »
        That's gonna take alot of ink ! !

;D    ;D

Sorry couldn't resist...

Why not just cut and paste the content into Notepad or Wordpad for those longer ones and print it that way ? ?

The problem with printing with B&W and colored ink is that most of the time it isn't necessary, and sometimes only one of the colors in the color cartrige runs out, making the entire cartrige usless.