Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Pro Problem...Help  (Read 3378 times)

IAmMe

Windows XP Pro Problem...Help
« on: October 19, 2004, 11:04:48 PM »
Alright, after spending over a week on this, I'm fresh outta ideas after all I've done.

Last Monday I shut down flawlessly on my computer running Win XP Pro. The next day I boot up, Windows gets to the loading screen and then shows me the infamous "blue screen of death". It suggests rebooting and seeing if the error comes again, and of course it does.

I suspected it was hard drive corruption so I put in a new drive and installed Win XP Pro onto that drive (today) after I did tests on the other HD.

The installation goes through and I get into the OS on the new hard drive. About 30 minutes into installing my programs back to the new hard drive, the computer restarts. I didn't really suspect anything because the computer restarted without any errors or problems resulting from it. So I get back to re-installing programs and then it restarts again except this time it produces a different result.

On this second self-reboot, when it gets to the Win XP Pro loading screen, low and behold the "blue screen of death" is back with the same error.

The error states: A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer (I did, didn't work)...  Technical Information: STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001901FD...)

If anyone can give me any ideas or suggestions..please post here. I've already switched drives and reinstalled Windows but this move obviously proved unsuccessful.

IAmMe

Re: Windows XP Pro Problem...Help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 11:06:06 PM »
Oh also, trying to boot up in Safe Mode gives me the same error.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:29:08 PM »
    IAmMe......Humm...that error refers to hardware failure I think .....But given that you have replaced the HD and I would imagine you made sure all the ide cable connections were good and snug.....I'm not sure .
    Have you had any problems with a virus recently ?
    Have you had any other odd things happen recently ?

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

IAmMe

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 11:37:33 PM »
    Yeah, all IDE cables are snug(replaced them even), all power cables are attached, all jumpers are in the correct spot. As for other odd occurances, nothing really... other than when I use the Win XP Pro CD, I can't even get to the repair tool for the other hard drive; I get that error that I described in the first post.

IAmMe

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 11:40:16 PM »
    Also, never ever had a problem with a virus in the past..5-6 years with the numerous computers I've had.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 11:58:34 PM »

Jeff Wolfe

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 09:21:45 AM »
    IamME have u ddone any overclocking on your computer?

tchristoff

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 10:16:16 PM »
    I recommend you go to http://support.microsoft.com/search/ and do a search on STOP: 0x00000024. You'll get a lot of hits, you just need to look through them and see if any of the hits resemble your setup.

Raptor

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2004, 10:57:03 PM »