Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apple OS on Windows Computer?  (Read 21670 times)

exceed01

Rookie

Re: Apple OS on Windows Computer?
    « Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 09:09:53 AM »
    hmmm.... well, haven't try to have that on the OS X but, maybe it will work...

what we need is to read more about mac..  ;)
    show me what you got!

James_Goku

Rookie
      « Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 10:07:36 AM »
      Well I'm using an iMac at the moment yet I'm using a windows OS. I am achieving this by downloaded anadd-on from Mac.com called bootcamp (from memory.) This program allows you to access both Windows and Mac OSes. It is currently in a BETA stage but it will come standerd on macs when Leopard is released. I'm not entirely sure if it works for Windows but I'll look into legal ways for you.

James.

Sid

Apprentice
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 05:02:51 PM »
        In short: No.

In long: Yes.  IF you're willing to build a PC with parts that Apple actually have drivers for.  Which isn't much, but it's still, theoretically, do-able.

There are hacks around on torrents, but they're illegal, and just hacks, so they're nothing like the full O/S.

It's because Apple own the hardware pool they use, and as such, they only have a small pool they need to write drivers for, and as it isn't cost effective for other firms to write Apple drivers, they don't.  So Apples' "It just works" slogan works because they choke the hardware down to a small elite.  When you come to look at OSX as just an OS it becomes a lot more restricting, as it can only be used for the hardware Apple own.

So in a way, it makes Microsoft look like nice guys.

georgeb

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
        yes it is possible on a dell computer,however IT IS ILLEGAL,still it can be done, you will have more luck with tiger since leopard will have been designed to make the computer crash or something crazy when you do it!!
        yeah,i went on a mac forum and got banned for disscussing it!lol

Sid

Apprentice
          « Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »
          yes it is possible on a dell computer,however IT IS ILLEGAL,still it can be done, you will have more luck with tiger since leopard will have been designed to make the computer crash or something crazy when you do it!!
          yeah,i went on a mac forum and got banned for disscussing it!lol

There are hacks around on torrents, but they're illegal, and just hacks, so they're nothing like the full O/S.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
            • Yes
            • Technology News and Information
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
          One thing to consider (taking every chance I have to get Apple out of peoples homes until they make it better!) is that if you put the Apple OS on a PC, you can and will have problems with drivers. The Mac OS does not support drivers for PC hardware well at all, let alone does it handle Hardware very well. Thus, making it difficult to use your computer.

Sid

Apprentice
            « Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
            One thing to consider (taking every chance I have to get Apple out of peoples homes until they make it better!) is that if you put the Apple OS on a PC, you can and will have problems with drivers. The Mac OS does not support drivers for PC hardware well at all, let alone does it handle Hardware very well. Thus, making it difficult to use your computer.

It's because Apple own the hardware pool they use, and as such, they only have a small pool they need to write drivers for, and as it isn't cost effective for other firms to write Apple drivers, they don't.  So Apples' "It just works" slogan works because they choke the hardware down to a small elite.  When you come to look at OSX as just an OS it becomes a lot more restricting, as it can only be used for the hardware Apple own.