Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Spotmau Software  (Read 2534 times)

DWPort

Spotmau Software
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »
Hey everybody!

New to this forum.  A buddy gave me a bunch of parts to build a desktop system.  Got everything up and running and I wondered about how to transfer all my "stuff" from my old system to the new system.  I saw this ad for Spotmau software that says you can transfer everything from one system to the other, including the Windows OS.  Is this legit and what do you guys recomend?

If there is a archive that covers this topic let me know.

Thanks

David

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Spotmau Software
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:58:00 PM »
Depending on which version of Windows..Retail or OEM was on the original machine will determine if this is legal or sketchy.

Do you have a Windows CD ?

There are ways it can be done but again it depends on the info we are currently lacking such as the other machine, Windows version etc.

Let us know.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Spotmau Software
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:06:54 PM »
    DWPort .......
      A buddy gave me a bunch of parts to build a desktop system.  Got everything up and running
    Thats great , so we can assume you have already installed the operating system...... would that be correct.  Then you said ,
    I wondered about how to transfer all my "stuff" from my old system to the new system.
    By all my stuff, again I assume your referring to all the stored data that is on the old machine.
    The easiest way would probably be to slave the hd from the old machine onto the new machine and then transfer the data ....... it's just that simple.
    Then put the slaved drive back in the old machine and your good to go.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.