Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: More IE70 - XP? problems  (Read 2345 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    More IE70 - XP? problems
    « on: June 04, 2007, 05:01:22 AM »
    Having run around a bit in IE70 (running XP + SP2) I decided to go back to 6.0, but when I used the official removeprogram, clicking on remove IE70 only was followed by the action that XP started to close down and restarted???????? Trying to use the brute way to just delete it in the programfiles only gives the well known XPbuxx "wont do it"....what now?

Startproblem was that IE70 all of a sudden made all the Internetsites unavailable....msn, mailsites etc, Outlook Express though still worked fortunately...what now? :'( :'( :'(

I couldnt even check the XP Firewall(MS said: cant connect to firewall ...etcetc) and my Sygate doesnt reveal any "no"'s and as a consequence my AVG Antivirusprotection fails to start up...

Spyboot said no problems visible...and for those who wonder...I'm writing this from good old W2K where everything still works... ;D ;D (gratefull to myself I kept it running)

Tried to repair XP, but that option wont show, just the "I wont do it" buzz from old XP....

oh and by the way, it takes now twice as long to get XP started than with W2K???????????!!!!!!!!!
    « Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 05:43:06 AM by Peterwolfe »

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: More IE70 - XP? problems
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »
    sounds like you have too much loaded on your computer and either they don't like ie7 or ie7 didn't like them. Stuff is causing conflicts with other stuff.... Do you have a lot of programs installed on your pc?
    I would probably recommend that you reinstall windows. (it's probably the easiest way to go;)

contrex

Re: More IE70 - XP? problems
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 01:42:35 PM »
    ie7 is a crock. Folks, don't go there!