Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer freazing  (Read 2713 times)

link100

computer freazing
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
when i  load my computer to its desktop stage it freezes after about 2 mins, but if i put it in safe mode it doesnt freaze at all. Can any one help with this problem. i would be gratefull for any help with this.
 Thankyou    ??? ???

The Saviour

Re: computer freazing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 07:54:06 PM »
Please provide us with detailed information about your computer system and what it was you were doing before it led to this point.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

link100

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 02:15:48 AM »
    when i  load my computer to its desktop stage it freezes after about 2 mins, but if i put it in safe mode it doesnt freaze at all. Can any one help with this problem. i would be gratefull for any help with this.
     Thankyou    ??? ???
    im useing windows xp professional with service pack 2, it is an intel pentium 4 its a 3.00ghz 248 of ram, im also useing agvfree anti-virus and search and destroy.
      i was just browsing the web looking at different sites ebay ect. then i swiched off, and the next time i came to it it was doing this.

The Saviour

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 06:52:22 AM »
    Just a recommendation...

1)  Disk Clean up.

2)  Defrag.

3)  Update your malware protection.

4)  Turn off System Restore...Boot into Safe Mode.

5)  Run full system scans (inSafe Mode) with your malware protection software...fix or delete any issues.

6)  Boot Windows normally.

7)  Turn System Restore back on.

8)  Again...run full system scans with you malware protection software.

Post your results, please?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
    I would consider adding some RAM as well...

Travel to crucial.com for recommendations. You don't have to buy it from them but the online site will tell you exactly what type to buy.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "