Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random crashing, strange problem.  (Read 1813 times)

Icherus

Random crashing, strange problem.
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:57:13 PM »
Hey guys, my computer has been acting strange and it has been for a while now. About the time of my last re-format and rebuilding my computer my system will randomly (doesn't matter what I'm doing at the time, it does it no matter what) cut to black and then display a blue screen and restart. I've checked the cooling inside my case and everything is normal, I can't imagine it's over heating. I'm really afraid it might be bad ram, but unfortunately, I don't have a floppy drive so I can't run the memtest.

I'm running XP SP2, 2gb of corsair ram, and an athlon64.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you guys think it really is my ram I guess I can go spend 5 bucks on a drive. Thanks!

The Saviour

Re: Random crashing, strange problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:47:17 PM »
There are a lot of diagnostic programs out there...you just have to Google it!

Another way of testing your RAM...start with one stick at a time....using only one slot (the closest to your CPU)...test first stick.  No blue screen?  Shut down PC...remove good stick...insert next stick...turn on computer.  Whichever stick gives you the blue screen...that's the bad one.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Random crashing, strange problem.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 08:22:39 AM »
MemTest provides a file that will create a bootable CD so you can run the tests...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "