Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mic doesnt work / RESOLVED  (Read 2534 times)

ronald_peterson

Topic Starter

Rookie

Mic doesnt work / RESOLVED
    « on: June 09, 2007, 09:55:18 AM »
    guys need help.

iv recently bot a 1.7ghz Semptron AMD processor with 512 mb ddr2 Ram. the guy who installed XP with Service pack two installed some driver called Sound Max. now im unable to connect my mic with my system. first i thought the probem is with mic. I bought a new mic, still it doesnt work. i tried all methods from help in xp. and yes iv crosschecked several times whether iv put the mic in right socket.  yes iv. its a standard audio style microphone.

Also lemme tell u the guy who installed this ystem at my place said windows Xp(not sp2) wont work with my system configuration, is it true?

My bro has a Laptop which is Intel celeron 1.7 ghz processor with Windows XP sp 2 and 256 mb DDR ram. both mics worked perfectly in his system. i found a driver called Realteck in his system.

Any clues how to make it work. pls help me urgently. i have to make a few presentations next week. pls pls pls

« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 11:37:51 AM by dl65 »

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Mic doesnt work
    « Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 10:06:35 AM »
    Also lemme tell u the guy who installed this ystem at my place said windows Xp(not sp2) wont work with my system configuration, is it true?
    Not true.  Based on what info you've provided, I see no reason whatsoever that SP2 can not be installed.

Are you sure mic is not muted in your volume controls?

ronald_peterson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:10:57 AM »
      Not true.  Based on what info you've provided, I see no reason whatsoever that SP2 can not be installed.

Are you sure mic is not muted in your volume controls?

yes bro checked ryt now. still its not gettin detected.

ronald_peterson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
        its started to work suddenly. Thanks

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:34:40 AM »
          ronald_peterson ........

the guy who installed this ystem at my place said windows Xp(not sp2) wont work with my system configuration, is it true?

I can see no reason xp/sp2 would not work on your system.

Perhaps, for others with a similar mic problem , you might mention what did you change to resolve the issue ?

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

ronald_peterson

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 08:31:36 AM »
            ronald_peterson ........

the guy who installed this ystem at my place said windows Xp(not sp2) wont work with my system configuration, is it true?

I can see no reason xp/sp2 would not work on your system.

Perhaps, for others with a similar mic problem , you might mention what did you change to resolve the issue ?

dl65  ::)

hi,

i searched for Microphone in the forum, and i found several posts. i started trying them from one end. and after a few mins i found it has started to work.

thanks again guys.