Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP System Restore Power Problem  (Read 3066 times)

Qohip

XP System Restore Power Problem
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:13:39 PM »
OK, this is probably going to sound kinda bizzare, but here goes.

A friend of mine, using Microsoft Windows XP (I'm not sure if it was Home or Pro Edition), was doing a system restore to a previous point.  He was trying to see if something that he had deleted had not been deleted.

The restore back went perfectly fine.  The file he was looking for wasn't there, so he figured he would just restore back to the current day.  He was in the middle of the whole thing when he decided that he would rather do it later.  Here comes the bizzare part.

He turned off the computer, in the middle of the restore.  Not a good thing, I agree with you on that, especially since all his laptop does now is boot to the XP loading screen and then reboot (That is what he told me over the phone).

I haven't gotten a chance to do any thing with it yet, since it happened around 9 o'clock this morning and I've been at work all day, so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has encountered this and, if so, if they have any advice.  He's not worried about losing any information, he said that he's got a disk with all of his important stuff on it, so that's good, so if it comes down to formatting and reinstalling XP, that's what it'll have to be.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

merlin_2

Re: XP System Restore Power Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 01:29:21 PM »
re-boot pc and keep tapping the f8<safe mode> and chose the last good config..http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Qohip

Re: XP System Restore Power Problem
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 02:42:07 PM »
Yeah, safe mode was my first plan of action.  Thanks though.  Any other advice is welcome!

Tim