Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ouch, music changed places  (Read 2246 times)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    ouch, music changed places
    « on: June 13, 2007, 10:31:40 AM »
    after having a blue screen caused by well-know(I guess) Cdr4-2K.sys and Cdralw2k.sys damaged drivers which were solved by some good (I hope) Microsoft advise, I got the system back again but.....my 2 Music HD's contain now 2 x 180Gb with music that is great but doesnt belong to the title of the song.....It seems that all music has changed places..???!!!!! Playing Satchmo's trumpet music I get Vivaldi's music and even Frank Sinatra now sounds like Billy Joel...pure catastrophe..what now? And what happened...

I did remove the mentioned drivers and cleaned the registry and restarted again and all was well, is what I thought, until I wanted to hear some songs I knew belonged to Uncle Satchmo and well...crycrycrycry...what now?

W2K, 2048RAM, AMD Athlon 64, IE60, both WMP and VLC players(same bad crying out loud result in both), the E and F HD's with the screwed up music are WDCaviar 200Gb's 7200 rpm's...

Please help.... :-((((((((((((((((((((((((    :'( :'( :'( :'( strangely enough is the music I still have on C:\ the same I downloaded.....same artists, same music, same songlyrics....

!!!!!!!!!!!!! When putting my cursorarrow at the musicfile I get the correct title but in addition I get: Error, GetPopUpinfo.exe Not Found...!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this someting that belongs to the musicfile or a Trojan or Virus, never seen this before... :'( :'( :'( :'(
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:11:41 AM by Peterwolfe »

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      Error, GetPopUpinfo.exe Not Found.
      « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:52:10 PM »
      Is this a Trojan or something else threatening? get it when putting the arrow (my cursor) to a musicfile.....no name or title, just that message in the "tag".... :'(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Error, GetPopUpinfo.exe Not Found.
      « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13:40 PM »
      It's a component of dBPower amp...if you have this installed try un-installing it in Add/Remove and DLoad a fresh version and reinstall it...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:52:48 PM »
        and this solves my problem as mentioned in the now closed topic???????????????? :o ??? ::)

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
          « Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 02:05:06 PM »
          well, it didnt give me back the music it was supposed to play....it gave back the tag, but the file name doesnt play the right music....please re-instate my other topic...

Your two posts have now been merged. to avoid confusion.
          « Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:34:54 PM by dl65 »

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
            Re: ouch, music changed places
            « Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »
            Thank you Moderator....still looking for a possibility to save 380Gb with music....lots of albums but most of them do not sound like the lable promissed anymore... :'( :'( :'( :'( it might have something to do with those cdr*.sys files that caused so much bluescreens, but has disappeared now when i just restarted the system, but the music is still "gone in a way".... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Help, anybody!!!??? it's queer to hear Pavarotti singing Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath playing Chinese Uhru... :'( :'( :'(
            « Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:35:52 PM by Peterwolfe »

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
              « Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:19:09 AM »
              really nobody who knows or can suggest why 380Gb music over night gets corrupt?

it's like this:

It looks like santaClaus has taken all the music from the E and F HD and spread it all over these HD's....without looking where the music landed (ought to be in the correct albums and the correct titles and the correct singers) :'( :'( :'(
              « Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:38:36 AM by Peterwolfe »

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
                • Yes
                • Technology News and Information
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Guru
              « Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 01:30:51 PM »
              Okay, I know that your issue is taking longer than you wanted it to, but I will just go ahead and tell you this:
              Give it another day, if you still dont have any responses, go ahead and create a new topic. Please remember to mention in your topic that another member suggested that you repost the entire issue again to get better troubleshooting.

Please remember, you will get a lot of advice that you have already received, but go ahead and try it all again to make sure nothing is missing.

Peterwolfe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
                « Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 02:47:40 PM »
                ok, will try thanks....but it is horrible, the music is splattered all over the 2 harddiscs....sometimes I have to laugh despite the situation when I hear Pavarotti sing Hindumusic......well, he should sing Nessum Dorma, but I hear Ravi Shankar... :'( ;D 8)....music on C:\ is still ok...

Have tried all kinds of Players, no differences there...copying to another PC doesnt make a difference either.....putting the HD's in another PC...nope, sane problem.. :'( :'(

but i have discovered that some albums are undamaged, but it is quite arbitrary....most of them either refuse to load or are just far beyond all imagination what music you can expect....lol.....even Metal is now changed into New Age...
                « Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 03:07:23 PM by Peterwolfe »