Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook Express  (Read 1964 times)

johnniem

Outlook Express
« on: June 12, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
I use outlook express as my email program but am no longer able to connect to my LAN server. I've checked and rechecked the set up instructions from my provider but still nothing. Anyone out there have any suggestions? My computer is an HP with a AMD Anthlon 64 processor. I run Windows XP.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Outlook Express
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
    johnniem ... You are still able to connect to the internet ok ?
    You could try creating a new Email account ...and see if that solves the issue.
    did you make any changes or update anything just prior to this happening ?
    Is it possible your mail server is experiencing issues ....have you phoned them ?

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

johnniem

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:25:04 PM »
    Thanks for the reply dl. I connect to the internet ok. Yes I updated to the latest version of OE recently. I created a new account and it was working just fine. It quit connecting a couple of days ago. I tried setting up a new account again. No go. I've talked to my mail account provider and they have no issues.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 09:34:48 PM »
    Do you also have Outlook (comes with MS Office)?  If so, try setting up your email account in it and see whether you can connect.

johnniem

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:23:39 PM »
    Thanks for the help. Norton Internet Security somehow reconfigured itself and was blocking email programs. I've completely removed all traces of everthing Norton from my computer and not only has the email problem been solved but my computers speed and my internet connections speed has increased 10 fold. I've heard of problems with Norton before but I never imagined that they could be this severe. Again thanks to those that threw suggestions at me.