Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with an E-mail In Outlook Express 6  (Read 2493 times)

nanalove44

Problem with an E-mail In Outlook Express 6
« on: June 16, 2007, 02:47:01 PM »
I just joined the forum, so hoping someone can HELP, lol. The other day I sent an e-mail to a "friend...dumb as crap" on how to download Power Point Reader so she can view .pps files. Well she apparently tried it and couldn't get thru it and sent me an e-mail back that I knew had to be long or have an attachment as it said 325kb in the size of it. Now whenever that message is highlighted, I just totally FREEZE. I have nothing in the preview pane to indicate what is there, so I end up having to cnt, alt, delete to get task manager to end the program. If I totally avoid that message, I can still open and send other e-mails. I can't delete it and I want it out of there. I asked her what she sent and she said she copied and pasted something that she saw when she was trying to download and it might be big. My question is what can I do to get rid of that message. I have run all my virus programs, spyware programs, etc. and it doesn't do anything. The only thing I see when I close it down from the error report is hungapp and ApplName is msimn.exe
Can someone please give me some ideas.
I have Windows XP, service pack 2, Dell Dimension 4600. Not sure what else you need to know. I've searched the FAQ's today since I joined the forum, so I'm hoping someone much more knowledgeable than I'll ever be can help. Sure appreciate it all. Love this site, it does help alot. Have a great day. ::)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem with an E-mail In Outlook Express 6
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 03:06:34 PM »
Try booting into safemode and deleting it from there...
Tap F8 repeatedly as the machine is starting before Windows loads...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 03:21:04 PM »
If patio's suggestion does not work, see The Other E-Mail Threat: File Corruption in Outlook Express.  Compacting messages, as directed in the article, may solve the problem.

nanalove44

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »
I figured it out and got rid of it. I clicked on EDIT and then did a FIND. In the box I just typed the subject POWER POINT and did a browse. It came up, I then went up to Edit again and DELETED it. Hoooooray, its gone. I appreciate your responses though. Thanks.