Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best pay for music site.?  (Read 4425 times)

ggoody

Best pay for music site.?
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:49:20 PM »
Just wondering what your favorite pay for music site's are.

Raptor

Re: Best pay for music site.?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 11:03:09 PM »
As in ordering CD's or downloading individual songs ?

Joleen

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 11:32:04 AM »
As in ordering CD's or downloading individual songs

Does it matter?  Either way, I'll never pay for music.  Read into that what you will.  ;)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 11:32:55 AM »
There is a difference between buying individual songs and entire CD's.

Joleen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 11:34:04 AM »
Not when you're not buying either.  Free is free whether a song or whole CD.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 11:35:36 AM »
pay for music site's are.

;)

Anyhow, if you want to look into CD's, I'd try [http://www.bol.com[/url] They recently started selling in the UK, Germany and a few other countries. Very decent website, if I ever order anything online it's from there.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2004, 11:36:40 AM by Raptor »

Corrosive

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 12:02:16 PM »
I don't generally use download sites (which I'm presuming you want), partly because I'm stuck on this God-forsaken dial-up connection and partly because the stuff I normally buy is considered pretty niche (hard dance/techno).

However, I did try out MyCokeMusic.com (I got freebie downloads from this promotion they had ages ago), and the prices do seem reasonable enough (99p/track). It's excellent for any newer top 40 releases, but falls short slightly in the "golden oldies" department.

I tried to find REM's Losing My Religion and couldn't find it. They had most of their albums, but probably their best and most successul track ever was missing. Hmm...

Elsewhere, my friends use the all-new legal version of Napster and Apple's iTunes, and they sing it's praises. Not sites as such (you need to download an app to access them) but what the heck...