Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game runs to fast  (Read 3517 times)

lordvader781

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Game runs to fast
    « on: June 22, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
    Recently I got Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for PC.  While playing the game, I am having a hard time controlling Indy.  The controls are way to responsive.  There is no way to slow it down in the menu options.  I looked online and realized this is a problem others are experiencing as well.  I have not been able to find a solution to this.  What I find weird is that the demo of this game runs fine, yet the full version runs ridiculously fast to the point the game is unplayable. Just pressing the 'w' key to move forward has Indy across an area in less than a second. Any help would be great.

EDIT: I installed it on the old desktop computer and though it takes like a minute plus to load it runs great.  I'm no hardware expert, but I came up with an idea on why it runs so fast on the new computer.  Our new HP is an AMD dual core while the old desktop is an Intel P4. Just my guess for a game thats several years old. By the way, both computers use XP.
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:02:30 AM by lordvader781 »

SpdySloth

Re: Game runs to fast
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:02:11 AM »
    Either its a poorly made game, you are experiencing lag because of a poor graphics engine (though I doubt it), or the newer computer simply doesn't like the game.
    Last one isn't too serious.  :P

Have you looked for any patches for the game on the official website of the games publisher or any other sites?